Understanding the Value of VSaaS
The penetration of smartphones has brought the world to a stage where access to information has to be easy, quick and to be available round-the-clock.
- Today’s cloud-hosted VSaaS systems are able to meet these demands by delivering meaningful, tailor-made data in an intuitive package.
- VSaaS systems enable video capture that can be accessed from any connected device, offering top-notch remote access for efficiently managing several locations
- VSaaS systems can save humongous amount of time by eliminating the need to sift through heaps of irrelevant data gathered by traditional monitoring systems.
- By offering a single sign-on interface, VSaaS enables end users to compare analytics, identify issues faster across multiple sites and reduce operational expenses.
VSaaS systems are also enabling IoT by offering new levels of integration with other systems, such as access control and visitor management.
- By enabling monitoring of systems remotely via the cloud, these integrated systems can save substantial time and costs associated with surveillance monitoring.
- Integration with modern systems like intrusion detection, building automation and energy management offers endless possibilities, enabling efficient management of data and analytics, from anywhere and at anytime
- Like all cloud based systems, VSaaS systems offer full redundancy and scalability, reducing the likelihood of failure
VSaaS systems help control multiple video subsystems in a facility and collect, manage and present video in a clear and concise manner.
- VSaaS provides users a one-stop solution for end-to-end implementation of video surveillance with the ability to retain information in a central cloud storage.
- VSaaS can be offered through a low cost and high functionality cloud environment with real-time management capability, and built in analytics
- The hosted or managed video from end-user cameras is transmitted to the cloud infrastructure.
- The transmission of the video is done using streaming protocols and communications networks like MPLS or the Internet.
- Video footage is centrally stored and archived on the cloud, with the ability to carry out local video recording as well as motion & event based recording
- Recorded content can be retained for a large number of days and can be viewed using a web browser or a smartphone app through an easy-to-use user interface
As a surveillance equipment manufacturer or dealer, how do you leverage cloud-based VSaaS and incorporate it into your business model?
- First, investigate the VSaaS opportunity and see how you can capitalize before your competition gets there
- Collaborate with a cloud service provider and club the hosting fees with end-user contracts.
- Offer tools to support cloud-hosted video and access control through a monthly fee structure
- Start by offering a lower price at the onset, and then increase the fees over the length of the contract.
Capitalizing on VSaaS
Cloud-hosted VSaaS solutions offer a bunch of benefits: from quick access to data from anywhere, at anytime and from any device, to effectively monitoring security of facilities – VSaaS systems reduce operational burdens with respect to set-up and maintenance (and ensure a continuous inflow of revenue!). With no software to install, and no PCs to maintain and upgrade, you can ensure seamless surveillance instantly. And with the world market being worth $790 billion (2015 figures), there’s more than enough reason to take the plunge. So quickly learn how to adopt and capitalize on cloud-based VSaaS, and thrive in the ever growing security market.